Friday, February 6, 2015

Inspiration in a mustard seed...

I have a theory of life.  That we all long to connect and to live a life of meaning and inspiration.  Now these might seem like HUGE topics that are overwhelming, some grand life event, but think about it for a minute.  How often does a tiny moment inspire you?  This morning, a friend reached out to me to ask how she can make her days more stress free.  She was going though a rough time, and she needed a boost.  I spent a few minutes typing out how a regular yoga practice and meditation really can help, I said a mantra can make a world of difference, and gave her some ideas, and offered her a video on EFT tapping, and she perked right up.   It went a little further, after she said she was trying to help everyone, I said you really can only help yourself.  The rest was their work.  Her perspective changed. There was hope.  I told her just a few minutes of consistent practice can change her life, and then to let that radiate to those in need.  It felt great to a: connect with her, she's all the way across the world!  and b: feel like I was helping through this struggle, even if in a tiny way.  She perked up after reaching out to connect, and knew that someone was behind her and giving her a boost.

This all happened in a span of about 2 minutes.  I felt inspired.  There was meaning in that moment. If we can just find the tiny moments to connect, if we focus on them, we can watch that effort grow exponentially in our lives.  It depends on what story you want playing in your head, and where you choose to put your attention.  I remember having a bracelet my grandmother gave me.  There was a tiny glass ball, and a note etched on a little golden plate: "If ye have faith as large as a mustard seed, no thing is impossible".  Those words etched themselves onto the plate of my mind.  Inspiration can be tiny.  But it grows.  It isn't always the big moments that make our lives magical.  Its usually the tiny ones.  Watch for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment